Cross Street Arts is a volunteer run group of professional artists based in Standish, near Wigan. Set up as a charitable organisation in 2004 (as OK Studios), Cross Street Arts aims to provide studio spaces and exhibition opportunities for professional artists and to encourage greater public access to, learning in and appreciation of contemporary visual arts. The group aims to provide a mutually supportive and critically engaged environment for studio members and associate members.
You can expect the following membership benefits;
- A profile page on Cross Street Arts website
- E-mail updates and opportunities
- Invitation to exhibit in the annual Open Studios exhibition and Cross Street group exhibitions
- Access to studio facilities, including communal studio space, small printing press.
- Access to other resources, including Mac computer (including video editing facilities) and digital camera
- Opportunity to participate in studio critiques (by request)
- Promotion of own exhibitions via Cross Street Arts website and social media
- Participation in monthly meetings and AGM, contributing to future development of the organisation
- Use of the current project space and opportunity to book the gallery
- Opportunity to run your own activities such as group exhibitions, workshops, critiques and arts events.
Your responsibility as a member is to;
- Volunteer to support exhibitions, events and in the day-to-day delivery of the organisation.
- Share Cross Street Arts events through your social media and other platforms.
- Respond to emails from Cross Street Arts and other members.
- Support Cross Street artists.
- Share opportunities with members.
- Participate in activities and exhibitions.
- Occasional leading on events when you can.
Criteria, fees and other information
Local professional artists and recent graduates are able to join Cross Street Arts as Associate members.
If you would like examples of artist statements and art work accepted by Cross Street Arts, please visit our website and check out our artist pages, https://crossstreetarts.com/
Associate membership is £6.00 per month, (£8.00 for a couple at the same address) payable by direct debit to Cross Street Arts.
Due to the other commitments of our artists, it can take up to six weeks for us to let you know if your application has been successful.
In addition, if you are not sure what to include in your artist statement, you can find advice on writing one at the artquest website.
How to apply
Fill in the application with as much information as possible. Please provide images of your art work, as well as an artist statement and a description of your practice.